Position: RPN Registered Practical Nurse
Are you looking to make a real difference in the lives of seniors? Under the supervision of the Director of Care, the RPN is responsible for the day to day health and safety of the residents. The RPN provides direction to the Personal Support Workers (PSW) and Health Care Aides (HCA) in the absence of the Director of Care and assumes administrative responsibilities as required. This position requires understanding and compassion for seniors, while acting as a mentor and leader to more junior staff, and being a team player with all other staff.
· Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Medication Administration Certification
· A year or more experience, preferably in a geriatric setting;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Supervisory skills, emergency management and added nursing skills.
· Ability to work as part of a dynamic team;
· Capacity to adapt to different situations and change;
· Keen interest in working with seniors
· Assists the Director of Care in the planning, development, organization, implementation and evaluation of the overall quality of resident care by the nursing department;
· Delivers and receives report at the beginning and end of each shift;
· Participates in the development of care plans for each resident and ensures that it is carried out, reviewed and revised as necessary;
· Performs initial and ongoing nursing assessments of residents’ needs;
· Carries out constant monitoring of residents for physical and emotional well-being and accounts for each resident on each shift;
· Administers or supervises medication as ordered by physician;
· Assists residents with personal care as required;
· Calls residents physician when necessary;
· Orders and administers medications and delivers treatment in compliance with Orchard Walk and pharmacy policies as well as the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, for current and new resident
· Liaises with other health care personnel, agencies and families as required;
· Assist in orientation of the residents, family members and nursing staff;
· Completes audits and reports as required;
To apply, please email your resume and references. Thank you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent