LOCATION: Millrise Seniors Village
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible to the Resident Care Manager / Director of Care, the Registered Nurse is the role model and team leader who coordinates and supervises the activities and duties of those who deliver direct resident care (unregulated care aides). The Registered Nurse performs duties and monitors departmental activities in accordance with established standards, regulations, legislation, policies and procedures to maximize resident focused care while maintaining resident respect, dignity and confidentiality.
Include but not limited to;
1. Assesses residents’ needs and records in the Resident Record; plans, implements and evaluates resident care.
2. Coordinates and supervises care staff; directs their work and assigns duties as necessary to ensure resident focused care is provided and resident rights are observed.
3. Liaises with physicians, community agency representatives, families, visitors and volunteers.
4. Administers medications and treatments as per established standards, regulations, policies and procedures.
5. Provides direct care to residents as necessary to ensure quality resident focused care.
6. Ensures equipment and supplies are stored and maintained as per policy and procedures. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to appropriate manager.
7. Maintains paper and electronic documents as per established legislative standards, regulations, policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained as per policies.
8. Completes admission process with all new residents including MDS assessment and care plan.
9. Completes ongoing MDS assessments are completed on time and care plans are updated as required.
10. Liaises with other disciplines and departments to ensure quality resident focused care.
11. Participates in orientation of new employees.
12. Provides work direction to other care staff and provides informed input into staff evaluations.
13. Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational inservices.
14. Maintains an up to date knowledge of facility policies and procedures, particularly those concerning the administration and recording of medications, safety and emergency procedures and appropriate aseptic techniques.
15. Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each individual is capable of, to varying degrees; making decisions about his/her life and is a partner in the decision-making.
16. Maintains a safe environment for residents/ families and staff, through
(a) accident prevention,
(b) knowledge of emergency procedures and regulations,
(c) using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately, and
(d) utilizing infection control procedures.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Graduate of an approved nursing program with school of nursing, current active registration with provincial registering body e.g. CARNA.
2. Additional training and previous experience in the care of the frail elderly and physically and mental disabilities and dementia.
3. Valid First Aid Certificate including CPR.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
2. Must be in good health and physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk, push, pull as required to perform the duties of the position.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $38.45-$47.24 per hour