We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Eurest Dining,* is currently looking forFood Service Workers* for Honda Manufacturing food service team in Alliston,ON.
Eurest Dining is a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Why work with us!
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless Advancement Opportunities
- Friendly Work Environment
- Competitive pay
- Full Training and Development courses
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Employee Rewards program
- Start date: ASAP
- Compensation: $14.00/hr + .50 Cents premium for afternoon shift
- Schedule: Day/Afternoon/Night/Weekends shifts
- Location: Honda Manufacturing, 4700/6900 Industrial Parkway, Alliston, ON.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepares, presents and serves meals, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation.
- Perform prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
- Carry pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
- Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Set up items for purchase on daily basis.
- Perform general cleaning duties; remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Notify cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Serve customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Resolve customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Provide service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
- Food Handler certification an asset.
- Must have own transportation.
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Familiar with the use of a cash register is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Previous food service experience in hotel, restaurant or fast food is considered an asset.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $14.50 /hour