Why Work For Canadian Niagara Hotels?
We are a company that believes in the talent of our associates, we are dedicated to assisting them in developing their skills to advance their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing an unparalleled hotel experience to each and every guest. As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you will also have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits plan as well as an employee discount program for hotels around the world.
This position is responsible for cleaning the assigned rooms which include: making beds, changing sheets, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture back in its original position, cleaning bathrooms inside the guest rooms including sinks, taps, tubs, showers, walls and toilets; report all concerns related to Engineering, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances;responsible for maintaining a clean and organized housekeeping cart; responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens; following all established and future Standard Operating Procedures such as reporting to work on time, signing in and out master keys and following lost of found procedures; expected to adhere to all Marriott Standards that relate to hygiene, grooming, Health and Safety, Fire, Accommodations, Guestroom Standards and Guest Interactions; follow all Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and regulations; complete various housekeeping duties assigned by your manager or supervisor.
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a good command of the English language and the ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate
- Enthusiasm, willingness to learn and a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of all guests
- Must be dependable and demonstrate organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, overnights, split duties and public holidays
- Must have attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure. Remain calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to perform job function with minimum supervision
- Ability to maintain and portray Marriott Standards and Policies
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and team members to work laterally with departments to convey concerns and come to solutions
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Capable of lifting heavy laundry loads, approximately 40-50 lbs
- Able to work in an efficient and timely manner
More importantly, the Marriott's philosophy and core value- “We Put People First” (i.e We Take Care of our Employeesand they will take Care of our Guests”.) .We demonstrate this core value by providing our employees with:
- Employment growth opportunities;
- Cross training outside their home department if the employee wishes to learn a new skill;
- Complimentary daily staff meals to all employees for all shifts (i..e. lunch, dinner and overnight shifts);
- Health and Dental benefits at no cost to the employee for single or family coverage,
- Hotel discounts at any participating Marriott, Delta and Starwood brands hotels worldwide;
- Complimentary Company sponsored events;
- Lockers (no charge);
- Personalized electronic access to your pay statements and annual T4 statements- accessible from the comfort of their home, computer, or smartphone etc.,
- Complimentary parking
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Marriott team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.