Principal Software Developer - Marketing Cloud-19001E1M
Fullstack Software Developer
As the leader in modern marketing, Eloqua is now the centerpiece of the Oracle Marketing Cloud. Our innovative marketing automation solutions help modern marketers target the right buyers, easily execute campaigns, get the best leads to sales and deliver the highest return on their marketing investment.
The Eloqua Group
We’re a collection of agile teams, mainly Toronto based, that feel and think like a startup, but with the benefits of being backed by one of the world's leading technology companies. We are proud of our accomplishments that have defined us as the founders and leader in our space. We design, build, test and ship powerful software, using the tools and techniques that are right for the job. We care passionately about our customers, celebrate their success, and stop at nothing to deliver the products and solutions that are going to make them rock stars in their roles.
Our environment is casual, flexible, fun and hardworking, encouraging individuals - and teams - to step up to explore new ideas that drive change. We want you to bring forward your unique perspective and thrive.
Whether you're engaged in a creative whiteboard session, cranking out code for the next feature, beefing up our automation suite or enjoying a game and drink at the end of a productive day, the Eloqua team will provide you with the challenges and opportunities to take your career to a higher level.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Experience with statically typed languages (ideally C# or Java)
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to innovate
- Fast learner who can pick up new technologies quickly
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
- Drive for shipping quality products in a timely manner
- At least 10 years of professional software development experience
Nice-to-Have Skills and Experiences
- Experience writing or consuming REST APIs
- Experience working with large sets of data in an RDBMS like SQL Server or Oracle DB
- Experience using agile development methodologies (such as SCRUM)
- Familiarity with unit tests, integration tests or test-driven development (TDD)
- GitHub, Gitlab (or similar) profile with open-source contributions
- University Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.