Sunshine Coast Health Centre (SCHC) is an ever-growing organization currently with 42 inpatient beds for men receiving treatment for addictions, mental health, and trauma. SCHC is licensed under the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, accredited under Accreditation Canada, and a Certified B Corp.
In anticipation of our new women’s program (The Georgia Strait Women's Clinic) launching later this year, we are adding one full-time and two part-time cook positions that need to be filled. Successful candidates for these positions will have previous kitchen experience and used to working in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Serving food, dishwashing, and cleaning.
- Other duties as required
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- First aid and a valid driver's license (class 4 license an asset).
- Healthcare experience an asset.
- Experience cooking for large groups an asset.
- Applicants must be willing to work early mornings, days, evenings, and
Pay starts at $19/hour, based on experience.
Interested applicants can address their cover letter and resume to Tristan and email to the email address provided in this ad.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour