Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Planner is directly responsible for the scheduling and coordination of all PM and repair activities. These duties must be performed to ensure food safety, safety, productive operations and equipment, resulting in minimum downtime and maximum productivity. This position verifies work instructions and ensures work practices contain all information to complete task safely and efficiently. Duties also include implementation and management of maintenance plans and task list within Megamation CMMS.
- Schedule Preventive Maintenance work and maintain related documentation. Position reviews daily maintenance work schedules to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain Maintenance related HACCP/CFIA and MSDS documentation and setup semi-annual and annual inspections.
- Coordinate and train outside contractors, ensure proper safety documentation is in place and maintain corresponding paperwork.
- Works with the plant management and skilled trades to understand and confirm requirements for supply of maintenance items and services in accordance with approved plans. Acquires various quotes and negotiates contracts with suppliers and vendors to source the best value on maintenance items and services. May be asked to order and maintain part inventory including technical equipment, as per the Maintenance Prevention Program.
- Prepare Approved Funding Expenditure (AFE) documentation for maintenance projects.
- Provide back-up coverage to the Maintenance Supervisor as required
- Minimum 3 years of maintenance or engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of production equipment, tools and parts required (i.e. electrical, plumbing, mechanical and technical)
- experience utilizing CMMS or CMMP (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Strong communication, negotiation, organization and problem solving skills
- Advanced computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Applications, Megamation or other maintenance planning software)
- Lean / Six Sigma experience an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- CMMS or CMMP: 1 year (Required)