Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
At GoodMorning.com we offer a unique work environment tailored to high-performing individuals who want to help build a business that competes on an international stage.
We place working with outstanding colleagues as our most prized office perk; we practice being open, honest, and efficient with our communication; we believe in offering top of market pay and benefits to attract the best and the brightest to work with us; we empower every employee with freedom and responsibility, and we deliver relentlessly customer-centric products that drive phenomenal growth.
As such we have built a team of exceptionally gifted and world-class people, who compete and win against some of the smartest eCommerce minds.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and thrive in an environment where those opinions are vigorously tested, then I personally invite you to join us.
- Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Senior Digital Experience Designer
"Compelling, Competitive, and Converting Design"
This will be your guiding mantra when you craft:
- Ever-more beautiful user experiences
- Intuitive UIs that inspire optimism and certainty
- Seamless and lightning-fast websites
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Working with colleagues to develop and document web site requirements
- Preparing and presenting comprehensive pre-production website wireframes, conversion-focused UI comps, and responsive cross-platform-tested final products
- Developing website user flows and architecture to ensure lightning-fast load times, and a world-class user experience for new and existing customers
- Identifying opportunities to drive key performance attributes including conversion rate, average order value, lifetime value, and on-site engagement
- Assembling cross-team copy, image, and video assets for inclusion in final production websites
- Creating and optimizing content for websites using a variety of graphics, databases, animation and other software
- Planning, designing, writing, modifying, integrating and testing website-related code (HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery etc.)
- Maintaining and improving the user experience of existing websites
- Mentoring other members of the team to improve context, innovation, and stronger communication
- Leveraging user data and analytics to address usability issues and making strategic design and user-experience decisions
- Documenting and disseminating best practices to increase mastery of digital design
- Ensuring that digital design priorities are adequately represented in corporate planning sessions
- Making sure that any and all work being done is in accordance with clearly defined and measurable objectives
- Consistently meeting deadlines and operating within budgets
- Maintaining cutting-edge industry knowledge
- Achieving pixel-perfection
- Possess a deep passion for digital design, web-related technologies, and delivering an optimal user experience
- Expert proficiency with HTML, CSS, and content management systems (like Wordpress)
- Proficiency with HTML/CSS Frameworks, JS, and JS toolkits (like jQuery)
- Expert proficiency with graphic and web creative asset production
- Expert proficiency with Adobe CS and other creative tools
- Proficiency with web-related languages (like PHP/.NET/Python) is an asset
- Ability to think strategically and design under constraints
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Understand marketing, communications, and advertising strategies and how targeted design can fulfill business needs
- Minimum 5 years of digital design
- Minimum 3 years of eCommerce experience
- Post-secondary education in design, art, communications, business, digital media, or equivalent subjects
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 125% RRSP Matching (up to $10,000/year)
- Travel subsidy
- Parking subsidy
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is one of Canada's largest independent mattress retailers and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies. Our mantra is simple: "Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else."
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve "the truth". If you are ready to be challenged and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter, resume and portfolio
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements and your process to get there
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $89,000.00 /year
GoodMorning.com employees are temporarily working remotely. We are following recommendations as they are issued by the Canadian Government and Alberta Health Services, and will return to the office when appropriate.
- HTML5: 5 years (Required)
- Ecommerce: 2 years (Required)
- UX Design : 5 years (Required)
- Jquery: 1 year (Required)
- Web Design: 5 years (Required)
- CSS3: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)