*About Unplugged A Board Games Cafe:
Unplugged is Fredericton's first and only Board Games Cafe and Escape Room business.
We have hundreds of games to play, four Escape Rooms and we offer great food and drinks all while maintaining the best customer service in town.
Shift Manager Position
- Candidate needs to be committed to driving excellence
- Candidate needs to be a problem solver, not just a problem reporter
- Candidate needs to work a flexible schedule
As an Unplugged shift manager, you will assist the general manager in executing the cafe’s operations during scheduled shifts. As a team lead, you will delegate tasks and help maintain the Unplugged and No Escape brand to create a warm, fun, welcoming experience that our customers have come to expect from us. This includes prompt service and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment for both Unplugged and the No Escape Rooms.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Unplugged.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume to keep the cafe operating to standard and sets a positive example for the shift team.
- Provides feedback and communicates with general manager
- Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Creates a positive working environment by providing clear, specific and timely tasks to the shift team.
- Delivers exceptional customer service
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts.
- Makes sure store cleanliness is maintained
- Organizes opening and closing duties and ensures prompt completion.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management is handled by shift team.
Summary of Experience
Customer service experience in a restaurant or retail environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of restaurant/retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- management: 1 year (Required)
- cafe/restaurant: 2 years (Preferred)