Looking to make a difference in someone’s life? Passionate about helping people build a better future for themselves? Put your skills and enthusiasm to use in our Life Skills Training program, providing guidance, support, and education to people working to develop their hard and soft living skills.
Here's what we have to offer you:
- Rewarding work where you know you are making a difference in the lives of people
- Being part of a faith-focused organization recognized worldwide and where living out our mission and core values is paramount
- Benefits: health and dental benefits, employer RRSP contributions (matching not required), time off allowance, Employee Assistance Program
Here's how you will contribute to the program:
- Continually expand and improve the Life Skills Training program to meet identified community needs
- Develop and/or research, review, and approve curriculum & make recommendations for improvements and enhancements
- Develop relationships with other agencies and organizations to promote the program and increase client base
- Facilitate core program sessions that establish the foundational elements and structure of the program
- Supervise volunteer and/or staff facilitators, providing guidance and support as required
- Work with Adult Education team to build integrated programs and education plans for clients
What you need to get an interview:
- Undergraduate university degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Certificate in Adult Learning/Education a definite asset.
- Three to five years of related experience, including managing learning and development programs
- Expertise in facilitation including aural and oral proficiency and participant engagement skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Self-motivation and experience in managing multiple programs in a fast-paced environment
- Resiliency and ability to adapt to challenges associated with change
- Satisfactory Police Information Check and Child Intervention Check
- Strong desire to support the mission and core values of The Salvation Army
Full Time – 40 hours per week. (Monday to Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and occasional evenings and Saturdays)
Please include competition number AED060619 in the subject line of your application.
View our website to learn more about this and other programs we offer: www.salvationarmycalgary.org
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Job Type: Full-time