We are currently hiring a Logistics Specialist, based out of our Etobicoke location. This position is accountable for coordinating all aspects of the transportation of produce commodities to Burnac warehouse ensuring acceptable transport conditions, lead time and cost.
Project and Task Management
- Coordinate the import of fresh produce commodities.
- Ensure on time deliveries and related expenses on budget
- Coordinate all shipment arrangements with North American and international carriers.
- Ensure all government regulations and documents pertaining to off-shore sourcing are understood and utilized.
- Monitor all documentation and customs processes in timely manner, to avoid delays in clearance and delivery.
- Analyze and propose transportation routes for ocean/air considering. intermodal/cross-docking alternatives when available and acceptable.
- Meet expected delivery standards as required by business demand.
- Process documentation, standard operating policies & procedures current and evolve to align with the changing needs of the business
- Supervise coordinators, assign work based on business need.
- Train and develop Logistics Coordinators.
- Supervise Logistics processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and frequency of timely deliveries.
- Manage efficient flow of information between the category, sales, operations, and logistic teams.
- Ensure effective local and international carrier relationships geared towards maximizing product integrity, delivery timelines, freight cost, and innovation opportunities.
- Negotiate with carriers to obtain the best possible rate and service.
- Provide accurate information and transportation solutions ensuring quality and savings.
- Set up delivery appointments with warehouse and dispatch trucks for deliveries/pick-ups.
- Track, monitor, report, register and communicate all transport status and movement.
- Effective local and international carrier relationships geared towards maximizing product integrity, delivery timelines, freight cost, and innovation opportunities
- Good knowledge of US and Canadian customs as well as government agency rules and regulations to comply with CBSA/CFIA and FDA/USDA/CBP.
- Communicate all damage issues to vendors/buyers and initiate the claims.
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare required reports (financial/ projection/ inventory)
- Collaborate in special production promotion programs.
- Complete data flow management for all air/sea/truck shipments from beginning to end.
- Positively influence customer satisfaction through innovative sourcing, competitive pricing and profitable programs, designed and implemented to drive customer satisfaction
- Provide internal stakeholders with timely updates on deliveries to ensure critical information can be relayed to all applicable customers.
- Work with the Category team to ensure effective contingency plans are in place and tested. allowing the Company to meet customer timelines
- Recognize and analyze potential transportation problems and determine solutions.
- Day-to-day supervision of obstacles within the position.
- Escalate complex issues and work with the Sr. Director to resolve.
- Provide timely updates to the Sr. Director pertaining to shipments and arrivals.
- Ensure process documentation, standard operating policies & procedures for logistics coordinators are current and evolve to align with the changing needs of the business.
- Ensures all data entry, verification's, documents and reports are audited and error free in advance of submission or communication with internal or external parties.
- Apply knowledge of supply chain requirements and processes when creating, managing and processing tasks as required by the company.
- Understand the company’s categories and assigned categories specifically as it pertains to quality, supply chain requirements, product flow, inventory management, product shelf life/expiry, product sales potential, product sell through opportunities, and opportunities to leverage other category programs.
- Ensure seamless customer service while working with internal quality control department to preserve product integrity, reporting, consistency, as well as managing surplus, shrink or loss.
- Complete tasks in accordance with company policies, procedures and government legislation.
- 5 years’ of troubleshooting logistics issues and finding efficient solutions.
- 5 years’ experience in importing products.
- 5 years’ experience working with international carriers to ensure on time deliveries
- 5 years’ experience in working with various customs and ensuring
- Expert excel and all Microsoft programs
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and detail-oriented pressure
- Ability to work with tight timelines and under
- Understanding of planning and pricing principals would be an asset
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
We strive to provide accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 5 years (Preferred)