This position is responsible to assist the Homework Help Program Coordinator in running the Homework Help program, in addition to helping foster a warm and caring environment. The Homework Help Assistant is expected to positively interact with all the children enrolled in this program from a multi-cultural community.
Key Job Duties from September – June
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the PCP’s core mission and philosophy and put them into action.
- Maintain the physical space to meet program requirements to ensure that it is clean, organized and inviting.
- Responsible for the Homework Help:
- Work together with the team; sit with the child to make sure the child understands instructions and help them complete the homework assignment in a quiet atmosphere.
- During downtime, work alongside the Coordinator and volunteers to interact with the children using educational games to enhance their experiences and keep them interested.
- As a team, children included, put away things and clean the Homework Help area.
- Replenish and maintain materials used in the Homework Help program.
- Report outcome and performance data to the Coordinator and attend regular meetings to review work.
- Communicate with parents regarding their children, events and activities.
- When necessary help in other programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established PCP policies, protocols and safety procedures.
Job Type: Part-time
- English (Required)
- French (Required)