Do you want to be part of a team providing safe and reliable clean water services to thousands of Ontarians each day?
Become a Hub Administrative Assistant with the OCWA today!
Who We Are
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will provide administrative assistance in support of all activities required for the Georgian Highlands Ontario Region. This will include assisting the Managers by producing correspondence/reports, receiving inquiries, arranging meetings, maintaining databases/filing systems, coordinating information, purchasing/accounts payable, following up with suppliers, correcting discrepancies, accounts receivable, monitoring/processing documentation; attendance, payroll and human resources support.
How do I qualify?
Skills and abilities include:
- Excellent knowledge of office administration, procedures and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative practices, policies and procedures related to purchasing (including general accounting principles) accounts payable, Attendance Clerks/Coordinator (ACC) attendance, and payroll.
- Excellent knowledge of computers; ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and software (e.g. GP Dynamics, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Lotus Notes, Hansen, WIN, Internet).
- Knowledge of general financial and accounting principles; accounts receivable, reconciliations and budget forecasts.
- Knowledge of business processes of organization to conduct and assist in the preparation of financial analyses in support of strategic operational and business planning process.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills to liaise with clients, vendors/suppliers to respond to inquiries.
- Good written communication skills to prepare routine correspondence, meeting minutes and various documents.
- Good analytical and evaluation skills to analyze data and prepare reports/summaries
- Excellent problem solving skills to support the analysis of financial reports and data for operational planning and budgets.
- Good research skills to gather data from a variety of sources to explain expenditure and budget discrepancies.
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- Comprehensive Health Plan.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 18 Caroline St W, Southampton, West Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Administrative and Support Services
Friday, January 17, 2020