An established Autobody Repair company is looking for an experienced Estimator for a new Grand Prairie location. The Estimator is the primary point of contact with customers requiring estimates for vehicle repairs.
This position is responsible for estimating parts and labour requirements and costs for repairs. The incumbent examines the extent of damage on vehicles and provides estimates to customers while ensuring superior customer service is provided at all times. The Estimator’s first and foremost responsibility is to demonstrate the value of our services and secure repair appointments.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team environment and feel motivated to strive for continuous improvement. Perks include Health, Vision & Dental Benefits, and Disability coverage. Standard work schedule is Monday to Friday, not including weekends.
- Answer customer inquiries, examine vehicles to determine the extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical or interior damage
- Accurately estimate parts and labour requirements to repair vehicles that are brought into the shop by using Mitchell and Audatex software proficiently, try to find aftermarket and used parts whenever possible
- Verify all the information, make notes regarding parts description and take digital images if required
- Demonstrate why our Autobody Repair shop is the preferred vendor for many insurance companies and encourage the customers to book their repairs with us promptly
- Perform the final inspection before the vehicle is delivered to the customer
- Provide exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment; always deliver on your promises
- Maintain accurate records for insurance purposes, never guess on estimates
- Have the repair order ready to be closed before the customer arrives, check for any special instructions and verify they have been completed
- Report any Safety Incidents, Accidents or Near Misses immediately; abide by our Health and Safety Program
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and time management skills required
- Comprehensive understanding of the trade and related equipment along with the ability to apply the knowledge in estimating and repair planning
- Industry experience and proficiency in using Mitchell and Audatex software
- Autobody Technician Journeyman Certificate (completion of Journeyman Certificate that includes Prepper, Refinisher and Repairer) would be an asset
- Able to communicate, read and write English at a level needed to meet job related task and safety requirements
- The ability to think logically and keep up with the changes in technology
The Company thanks all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- Grande Prairie, AB (Preferred)