Caressant Care is seeking a Full-Time Cook (Certified) to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 89-bed long term care home in Harriston, Ontario.
In this position, you will participate in food preparation and production, inspecting, sampling food to ensure quality, and estimating quantity of food to meet menu requirements.
ONTARIO REGULATION 249/10 made under the LONG-TERM CARE HOMES ACT, 2007 - Subsection 76 (2)
1. Chef Training or Culinary Management Diploma or certificate
2. A diploma or certificate granted in another jurisdiction
3. A certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by the Director of Apprenticeship under the Apprenticeship & Certification Act
4. Must have a Safe Food Handler's Certificate
REQUIRED SKILLS and ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of safe food handling and preparation techniques
2. Ability to adjust standardized recipes and follow instructions
3. Able to read and write effectively in the English language
4. Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
5. Quantity cooking experience
6. Well organized and able to work within established time frames, flexibility
7. Familiar with food preparation hygiene and sanitation practices
8. Experience in working with Seniors an asset.
9. Able to meet the physical demands of the position.
This is a full-time position. Starting rate of pay is $18.36 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.