Nventive is looking to expand its solutions architects’ team. As an architect, you will serve clients in many various fields, from the start-up to the multinational mindset, by putting together Web and/or mobile systems from the ground up. You will use your expertise in system design, your understanding of existing or emerging technologies, and your ability to earn the trust of nventive’s clients to deliver innovative solutions that meet our requirements as well as our client’s. You get ahead of your project’s potential opportunities and know how to raise these to nventive’s direction efficiently and effectively. You are comfortable discussing technical topics with a client’s team of subject matter experts as well as the leadership of said client.
As a Solutions Architect, your mandate is to:
- Lead various internal stakeholders and the client as well as discovery meetings in order to better understand the project’s requirements.
- Understand the functional and non-functional requirements of the project and convert them into a coherent and responsive product.
- Select the appropriate technologies to use for the execution of the project.
- Propose an architecture for the product’s system and assist in its implementation.
- Develop proof of concepts and validate technological choices
- Create architectural documents to support discussions with the client.
- Supervise the production team at the technical level (training, coaching, code reviews, peering, etc.)
- Maintain the relationship between the client and the production team throughout the project by supporting all technical aspects of the internal team in addition to advising the client.
- Act as the technical escalation point for the client.
- Implement the final delivery strategy to the client
- Produce estimates and help the sales team in their response to RFP’s.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in software development (Web, Cloud or mobile), including at least 3 years as an architect.
- Bilingualism (French and English, written and spoken)
- Ability to be concise in communication (easy to express your thoughts clearly)
- Technological curiosity/strong desire to learn and keep up to date on latest techs
- Mastery of .NET Core (or equivalent experience with .NET framework 4x)
- Mastery of Microsoft Azure (AWS, an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of JSON and RESTFUL API’s
- Excellent knowledge of cloud technologies such as ‘’App Service’’ ‘’Function of Lambda’’ ‘’Storage’’, ‘’SQL Database, ‘’NoSQL database.
- Mastery of architectural multi-tier software concepts
- Knowledge of full software development cycles.
- Ability to visualize a complex system and effectively convert to a visual representation
- Familiarity with Xamarin, UWP/XAML and mobile development constraints (an asset)
Why choose nventive?
- Located at the heart of Old Montreal, with practical facilities at your comfort (showers, private bike locker etc.)
- Relaxed working environment
- Happy hours and regular social activities
- Flexible scheduling responsive to personal needs
- Paid vacation during holiday season in addition to personally scheduled vacation
- Breakfast, snacks, coffee and tea always freely available
- Work with an extraordinary team which will expand your expertise!
Essential - Experience in software development
Essential - Mastery of .NET Core
Asset - Mastery of Microsoft Azure
Knowledge and abilities
Essential - English and French (written and spoken)
Essential - Familiarity with Xamarin and UWP/XAML
We believe that mobile experiences should empower employees and engage customers while inspiring business growth. For over 11 years we’ve been doing just that: creating mobile experiences that matter with a team of over 100 talented employees...