Freshwater Production Manager
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd.
Grieg Seafood BC Ltd., a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry, is seeking to hire a Freshwater Production Manager. Reporting to the Freshwater Production Director, the Freshwater Production Manager oversees day-to-day operations at Gold River Hatchery and health management of sea stocks and their successful transfer from fresh to saltwater containment sites and is responsible for daily operations including compliance with all government and agency regulations and adherence to company policies, procedures, processes and protocol as they relate to fish health, production, and employee and community relations. The Freshwater Production Manager leads a team of two Assistant Managers, Lead Hand staff and Technicians. The incumbent will be spending most of the time at the Hatchery.
· BSc. or related degree; Aquaculture Certificate from accredited program;
· 5 years of aquaculture experience; 8 years related managerial experience; OR a combination of education and experience.
· Strong leadership skills;
· Advanced Project Management skills;
· Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and computer skills;
· Strong organization, problem-solving and time-management skills;
· Favorable driver's license.
Thank you for your interest in Grieg Seafood. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, generous benefits package, RRSP contribution plan and relocation assistance offered.
Closing date: April 30, 2020
Application Deadline: 2020-04-30
Job Type: Permanent