As an Account Executive you'll work with current and prospective customers to turn ideas and opportunities into planned design and development projects. You're a people person - able to build relationships and trust - and you love working with customers. You have experience in a design or development agency, and understand the complexity of scoping and delivering project work. Experience working as a product manager, strategist or delivery manager is a must. You need to have an understanding for software design and development for various user interfaces around consumer, B2B, and workplace tools, including eCommerce platforms, portals, mobile development, and conversational interfaces. You have a breadth of knowledge and can help advise on software / technology. You have experience leading strategic programs spanning multiple stakeholders and multi-year projects.
Is the role a fit for you?
The Account Executive role emphasizes team collaboration, user-centered thinking and business acumen, as well as strong account and relationship management. We value leaders with a maker's attitude, collaborative energy, and entrepreneurial spirit. You'll find fulfillment in the role if you…
You are passionate about client engagement. You can't sleep properly if we might miss a commitment, or even an opportunity to delight those we serve. You appreciate that these relationships create the ability to collaboratively define the product strategy for our upcoming client projects.
- You have an interest in making the business work. You're an entrepreneur at heart. You see your craft as a tool that can solve business challenges, not merely an artistic craft. You're willing to wear different hats to will move the business forward.
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of helping teams deliver a concrete product, not merely a strategy or concept. You have an eye for detail and know how to get the highest performance out of creative types. You've got a solid handle on your technical domain.
- Find passion in learning new things. You relish every opportunity to move things forward with your can-do attitude and you eagerly share your entrepreneurial spark. You like depth, but if you only have time to skim the surface, you can get up to speed quickly and think critically about what you've learned.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work and servant leadership. You enjoy knowledge sharing in all directions and you geek out at the chance to improve skills across disciplines for you and your teammates. You genuinely care about what makes people tick, and you're committed to helping others succeed by putting the team's needs first.
- Working collaboratively with the account services team, you'll shepherd opportunities through our sales process, including pitch and SOW development.
- Contribute to and maintain account plans
- Accountable for existing customer growth and building relationships across departments.
- Support new business development
- Manage existing accounts, serving as point of first contact for your clients within Myplanet
- Maintain strong working relationships with production teams, to support delivery of work according to scope and with a high degree of quality
- Attend and participate in meetups, conferences, and other industry events
- Review delivery teams implementation to ensure alignment to vision, goals, and that the solution is meeting the identified success criteria / KPIs.
- You'll help lead roadmap planning, various design and strategic workshops, quarterly business reviews, and project check-ins as a trusted advisor to the client.
Demonstrated ability to scope, pitch and close business with enterprise customers.
A college or university degree in studies related to business, engineering, or design
Minimum 7 - 10 years industry experience in enterprise software services with a minimum of 3 years experience with voice and AI.
Demonstrated background with modern web and mobile application development, voice interfaces, and AI solutions.
Ability to travel to meet customers, partners and our community (10-25%).
Performance & Growth Expectations
You will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and through evaluation of responsibility fulfillment.
Your growth path in your functional domain is in your hands—you'll meet regularly with a mentor and professional guide to help define your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Your work will also be measured on the basis of a semi-annual KPI set cooperatively with our leadership team.
Benefits & Perks
Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development:
training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship.
Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats, and learn about new disciplines. Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities.
Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself to become a thought leader in your field with 5 days of dedicated "Awesome time" (self-directed professional development) annually.
Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours, health/dental benefits and private US coverage.
Work from a modern, ergonomic space complete with standing/sitting desks and an open-concept social atmosphere.
This role features a competitive base salary; benefits; and a commission-based booking incentive, tied to your book of business; as well as participation in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
We're a software studio with an integrated team of designers and developers. We make smarter interfaces for the world's most influential companies by implementing leading software platforms from Acquia, IBM, and Salesforce to empower your employees and engage your customers. Headquartered in Toronto, with studio presence in Vancouver, San Jose, and Chicago, we're a team of over 100 designers, developers, product managers & enablers hell-bent on making the workplace better.
A Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we work to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.