Hi. We’re Helm Operations.
We make operations software for the maritime industry that’s powerful, modular, and easy for crew to use. Our SaaS platform, Helm CONNECT, is the fastest-growing software platform in the commercial maritime industry, and our customers include some of the biggest names in the workboat and harbor docking industries around the world.
We love our product, our company, and our customers, and we’re always looking for new people to join our team and help us grow. Our brand promise is to connect the marine industry like no other technology company, and we strive to make our software, service, and culture reflect that promise.
- Develop core Helm CONNECT product lines.
- Work closely with the Product Manager in developing solutions that address core market problems.
- Prioritizing and estimating the effort of development stories.
- Assist in the design of solutions to ensure the end product uses design and workflow consistent with the existing products offered to CONNECT users.
- Work with the entire product and development department to ensure our day to day activities and responsibilities line up with the company directives and goals.
- Be present in constant and active communication with the users of our product lines (driven by the product manager) to ensure designs and solutions are heavily validated to ensure an elegant end solution.
Critical Success Factors
- Possess both strong business sense and in-depth technical knowledge.
- Ability to assimilate and synthesize multiple inputs for possible product direction into a set of priorities based on existing business goals and company strategy.
- Strong business, process and technology acumen with great problem solving and analysis skills.
- Highly consultative and a skilled relationship builder able to envision future product solutions.
- Able to define and develop framework, standards, techniques and procedures for service deliver and process improvements.
- Lead, select, train, develop, coach talent, and manage performance.
- Become fully trained on all applicable Helm products and tools that have been assigned to you.
- Become knowledgeable about our customers in the workboat industry and their sub-verticals.
- Be goal-oriented and achieve stated objectives with help and direction from management and peers.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Work well independently and through team efforts.
- Forward thinking and pushing boundaries of design to a whole new level.
- Support Helm’s culture of teamwork, approachability, accountability and determination and participate in company events, when possible.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Basic knowledge of UI design (HTML 5, CSS).
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Basic full stack knowledge.
- Experience with back end technologies and/or back end frameworks (C# preferred).
- Basic knowledge of relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to work in the Victoria, BC office
Job Type: Full-time
- HTML/CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- C#: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sql: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)