Canadian SaaS and Cloud Consulting company is looking to add a Senior DevOps and Infrastructure Engineer to their India team. This is a role where you will be given room and autonomy to solve problems using your own ingenuity and problem solving skills. The job requires the individual to be a out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to function well in a progressive and ambitious environment. You will be expected to keep yourself abreast with industry knowledge and bring new ideas to keep the organization at the forefront of an agile Devops leadership. From day one, you will be a key component of our small, high-end team. The ideal candidate will be managing multiple projects requiring varying technologies. If you have been looking for a role that provides challenge, builds skill-sets, and rewards knowing automation and the Cloud like the back of your hand, apply today!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and managing a DevOps pipeline, managing releases, AWS infrastructure setup and management for SaaS applications
- Setup and manage builds for Android, iOS, Spring/Java, IBM Mobilefirst applications
- Participate in system design and planning sessions for the development and maintenance of production cloud services.
- Perform monitoring activities to ensure all systems and services are meeting service level agreements.
- Be a key point of support for clients to handle production issues in our SaaS applications
- Setup automated tests for performance and functionality. Be able to work on automating QA processes
- Practice asset management procedures to ensure all cloud infrastructure is inventoried accurately.
- Review and recommend upgrade, maintenance and patching activities for production systems and services.
- Maintain documentation of DevOps SOPs and cloud services.
- Supporting client presentations and leading all-around automation of our internal and clients’ infrastructures
Education & Technical Skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering or MCA with at least 5 years of hands on experience
- Solid understanding and experience setting up and managing AWS infrastructure and services(EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, Security groups, VPN etc.) is a must
- Solid experience setting up and maintaining DevOps pipeline using Jenkins, GitHub , plugins etc.
- Solid experience with build and scm tools - Maven, Gradle, XCode/XCtools, Ant, Git, Jira, Sonarcube
- Experience designing AWS network infrastructure using VPC, EC2, Elastic IP
- Proficiency in networking and network security e.g. SSL/TLS certificates, VPN IPSec tunnels
- Knowledgeable of web/application servers and load balancers such as Amazon ELB, Tomcat, Nginx, Apache Http Server, IBM Http Server
- Extensive experience with designing and managing AWS security using IAM
- Experience setting up, monitoring and managing AWS Cloud Watch and CloudFormation
- Experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, some other infrastructure-as-code system
- Understanding of Agile principles and experience participating in scrums and agile processes
- Experience with Linux administration, automated deployments, Bash scripting and/or Python
- Understanding of infrastructure security principles
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments
- Negotiation and issue resolution capabilities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- work: 3 years (Preferred)
- total work: 3 years (Preferred)
- DevOps: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)