Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod. Gerdau is the largest recycler in the World. Each year, we transform millions of tons of scrap into steel that is used to build the future.
Why you'll love it here
At Gerdau it’s all about the people. Gerdau's growth is based on our purpose and on a vision focused on excellence. The measures of performance are customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, our communities, and the World. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity, encouraging innovation and creating products that serve humanity.
We are seeking a labourer to work in an entry level position and advance to more responsible positions.
- Schedule: Must be able to work any shift assigned (days, afternoons, nights)
- Hours: 8 hours per week with a pay rate of $20.98/hour
- Must be able to work in a team environment and communicate effectively
- Must have good attendance and work ethic
- Must be physically able to perform a labour intensive job outside in the elements
- Experience in operating heavy mobile equipment and machinery is an asset
Gerdau is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.