To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual for the following role:
Position: Plumber Technician
Location: Greater Toronto Area, ON
Reports to: Operations Manager
About the Company
For the past 50 years, Reliance Home Comfort is the industry leader in providing home comfort solutions to over 1.8 million customers across North America.
Our organization has doubled in size and team members over the past 5 years and we are incredibly proud to be recognized by:
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. for Canada’s Most Admired CEO (Sean O’Brien)
- Glassdoor as “Best Places to Work in Canada”
Each day, 2,400 Reliance team members focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience, developing top talent and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2018 alone, we have donated over $700,000.00 to United Way and Habitat for Humanity.
Primary Mission: You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with Reliance customers as you professionally provide residential plumbing diagnostic, repair and installation services.
Why work with us?
- Excellent benefits package available from day 1 (medical, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- Enrollment into our RRSP Savings Plan
- 2 weeks and 2 personal paid days per year
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Company uniforms (cleaning provided)
- Opportunity to earn additional income through promoting Reliance products and services
- Rotating day and afternoon shifts (8am-4:30pm, 12:30pm-9:00pm, and requirement of working 1 weekend per month)
- Key Responsibilities:
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call
- On-site problem diagnosis: Able to assess the needs of the customer and able to accurately estimate the cost for the service
- Explain the value of Reliance products, services, programs, and promotions on every call
- Install, maintain and repair all types of piping systems, fixtures and other equipment used to distribute, supply or dispose of water or wastewater; including fixtures systems and appliances in residential buildings
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Perform diagnostics, repair, maintain, service and install equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections
- Correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance and deliver continual value-added communication with the home owner.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must be a 306A licensed plumber
- 5+ years in residential service plumbing would be ideal
- Must have a driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Must be available to work day, evening, and weekend shifts
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience in refrigeration, HVAC, electricity, and mechanics is an asset
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.19 to $33.92 /hour