Standard Hours Bi-weekly
$51,296.00 - $70,270.00
Job Summary and Requirements
A list of candidates will be created from this ongoing posting and will be used to fill future administrative jobs within the Government of Yukon, ranging from AR05 to AR09, and may be used for AR10 positions. The Candidate Registry includes job opportunities for all position statuses which are Permanent, Term, Auxiliary-On Call, and Casual.
Selected applicants will participate in a written assessment and an interview. Successful candidates will be placed on the candidate registry, which is a list of qualified applicants that departments will utilize to fill administrative positions within Government of Yukon. Pre-certified candidates will be contacted by HR Shared Services when job opportunities come available.
Candidates will remain active on the registry for 12 months (1 year) from the month of their certification. More information on the candidate registry process is available by clicking here - CR&C Process.
Or please contact:
Jennifer Irons, Human Resource Service Representative at (867) 667-9414 or by email at: email@example.com
Positions hired from this candidate registry will include Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, Senior Administrative Assistant, and program support services that are located in Whitehorse and all communities.
Salary range (per annum) for each level is:
- AR05: $52,194 - $59,860
- AR06: $53,776 - $61,717
- AR07: $55,507 - $63,741
- AR08: $57,526 - $66,103
- AR09: $59,695 - $68,631
- AR10: $62,140 - $71,500
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. For more information on how to prepare your resume, please visit our resume profile help page at: Yukon.ca
To be considered for this candidate registry, you will ideally have:
- All levels: Experience providing financial support, such as timesheets, accounts payable, contract administration, or accounts receivable would be an asset.
- All levels: Completion of post-secondary coursework in business administration, office administration, or other related field.
- AR05 to AR07: Experience performing a broad range of client services and administrative support functions, preferably in an office environment.
- AR08 to AR10: Significant experience providing senior/executive administrative support,
AR05-AR07 Administrative Assistant Duties
- providing reception services and responding to general inquiries
- drafting correspondence
- word processing and proofreading documents
- processing time sheets and financial transactions
- maintaining paper and electronic filing systems
- tracking documents and information
- working with databases and spreadsheets
- organizing meetings and schedules
- coordinating travel
- conducting basic research
AR08-AR10 Senior Administrative Assistant Duties
In addition to the duties above:
- primary contact between senior management
- contract administration
- monitors and tracks financial activity
- collating materials (e.g. briefing books)
- conducting enhanced research
- other senior administrative functions
Candidates with an equivalent combination of training and experience will be equally considered.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and personal Suitability
Candidates will be assessed based on the job profiles below:
Please click to view - AR05-AR10
Conditions of Employment/Job Requirements
Depending on the position, job requirements or conditions of employment may include, but are not limited to: security and/or medical clearance; valid Yukon Class 5 Drivers Licence; willingness to travel; exposure to pets and/or second-hand smoke; shift-work, etc.
9 September 2019
17 January 2020