Dry Bulk Carrier, Truck and Trailer Technician required with mininium 2 years experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full Time, Days, Group Benefits
- Paid weekly with Competitive Wages
- Equipment is well maintained beyond industry standards
Job Summary: Truck & Transport Technicians (310T) service, repair, overhaul, diagnose and inspect heavy trucks and truck-trailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete repairs needed efficiently. Work to keep repairs completed in timely fashion, if work is scheduled and to be completed by specific time, please do so or inform him/her, so alternate arrangements can be made.
- Detecting and diagnosing operating problems in frames and steering mechanisms, engines, transmissions, brakes, ignition, axles, fuel systems, engine management systems, suspension systems, electrical/electronic systems, emission control systems and air conditioning/refrigeration systems. Ensure jobs are properly diagnosed and service advisor/shop foreman is aware of findings.
- Repair as outlined in OEM manuals and to OEM standards
- Ensure you have appropriate tools, manuals, parts to complete the task. Ability to use various diagnostic equipment to diagnose and isolate faults or malfunctions.
- Work in a safe manner, report any unsafe equipment or conditions to a supervisor immediately.
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, customers and managers in a courteous manner.
- Reading and interpreting owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service specifications, as well as work orders.
- Willing to learn and take direction
- Must be able to work under pressure in some situations
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
- Must have a valid driver’s license (class G) with clean abstract prefered
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Work overtime as required
- Able to lift, stoop, bend, kneel and work in confined spaces.
- Licensed Truck and Coach Technician or equivalent 310T
- Completion of Grade 12 or the equivalent
- Previous work experience is required
- Work References
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining our team and feel you have what it takes reply to this ad with your resume.
Fax: 705-458-1228 or Email (as outlined in the ad)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Truck & Trailer Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)