- Develop Master production & production schedule in daily/weekly increments to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping priorities according to seasonal sales forecasts and customer orders.
- Plan, schedule and create work- orders for production according to previously established manufacturing sequences, cycle times and lead-time.
- Process work- orders and ensure that all necessary administrative paperwork is up to date and accurate.
- Plan, schedule & create the Labor capacity requirements for different Lines of equipment aligned with the Production schedule forecast on weekly / monthly basis
- Plan & schedule daily / weekly workflow for Manufacturing team according to the sales forecast and shortage reports.
- Define and follow-up action plans to improve lead-times and bottlenecks
- Attend and lead the daily / weekly forecast & status review meetings with Manufacturing, Sales Supply Chain teams to determine status of Work orders & inventory.
- Estimates production time for each order giving consideration to the availability of machines, material and tooling, number of operations involved, manufacturing backlog, order quantity, complexity of product (i.e. assemblies), previous history, outside operations, etc.
- Alert capacity and material constraints as previewed on Sales Forecast and shortage list by operation and provide alternate plans to achieve sales orders.
- Works with Lead Hands, Engineering, Production Supervisors and Production manager to develop improvement ideas that support business objectives
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Production Manager & Plant Manager
Education and qualifications:
- College or University degree/diploma in a related field with at least 3 -5 years of experience in a Production Scheduling role.
- Strong background in MRP / ERP software applications.
- Advanced MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
- APICS certification desirable (CPIM).
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing or other similar custom job shop environment.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Team oriented, excellent communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong problem solving & decision-making skills with the ability to multitask.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
Expected start date: 2020-08-31
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$48,999.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off