What on earth is DECIEM?
DECIEM is a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands. We're founded on the principle of doing everything others don't do and we are changing the world of beauty based on this principle. We have more than 10 brands in the beauty world and operate a growing portfolio of more than 300 products in more than 15 markets. We are growing very rapidly and want to do things no one has ever done before. We have been called every good and bad thing you can imagine like "The Hottest Beauty Company Right Now", "The Most Thrilling Thing to Happen in Skincare" and "Canada's Next MAC Cosmetics”. Ranked in LinkedIn's Top 25 Startup Companies of 2018.
We are growing very rapidly and need someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
The Quality Line Leader will perform their duties of assuring conformance to client requirements throughout the entire filling and packing process. As such, he /she will work in partnership with the Production department area supervisor/team leader and QA department.
Shift: Night Shift (3:30 PM - 11:30 PM)
Weekends: May required if work demands.
Position Status: Full-Time
- Ensures all packaging lines are cleared for safety prior to start-up.
- Performs line clearance, approval of product and line set up before line start-up.
- Ensures entire team is aware of expectations of finished goods before line starts by setting line standards against the approved QA Master Standard.
- Performs regular inspections of in-process and final assembly of goods (attribute checks), according to AQL requirements, required frequency, number of samples to be checked and deeming product passed/ rejected based on the Accept/Reject criteria.
- Checks Line QC's work to ensure accuracy and completeness of Master Batch Packaging Records (MBPR)
- Reviews line MBPRs for completeness before being handed in for QA review and filing.
- Completes and maintains inspection records I documents for in-process and finished goods attribute checks.
- Ensures correct and timely completion of the production documents
- Performs routine quality audits (spot checks) on the lines to ensure the continuity of quality standards after the line has been cleared, verified and started.
- Identifies and records any product quality issues and initiate on the spot root cause analysis and corrective and preventive measures to be put in place on the line immediately to prevent recurrence of the reported issue (s).
- Provides quality direction for line workers.
- Ensures timely communication of Quality issues to the Quality Management.
- Ensures timely communication of line and people issues (safety, quality, downtime etc.) to the Department Heads.
- Initiate and I or make suggestions to improve the quality of work processes and/ or product
- Attends prescribed safety training programs required by the company.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and experience:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- 3 - 5 years' experience in cGMP regulated industry.
- Experience with leadership and dealing with people
Other Skills Required
- Attention to detail
- Organized and good time management
- Proactive in learning
- Good documentation practices
- Adaptive and flexible
- Work with minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task and troubleshoot
Still interested... What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying to this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interview.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
- cGMP regulated industry: 3 years (Required)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)