PEOPLE EMPOWERING PEOPLE
As one of our valued front-line Support Workers in our Residential Program you will work directly with Individuals with diverse needs by encouraging opportunities for growth, development and inclusion. Care Human Services supports Individuals who range from children to adults, and lower level needs to complex behavioural needs in higher stressed environments. Care Human Services, is an accredited, not-for-profit, charitable organization that provides a wide range of community and accreditation services in Northwest Alberta.
In this diverse and rewarding role your other responsibilities may include collecting data, transporting the Individuals to medical appointments, social outings and community activities, various outdoor activities, watching movies (according to programming), assisting with medications and computer documentation.
This individual enjoys being active and participating in various outdoor activities, listening to music and socializing with peers and members of the community. An ideal staff member is one who is able to spend the majority of their shift being active, develop an understanding of the individuals behavioural needs while setting appropriate boundaries. Taking time to develop healthy relationships is very meaningful to the individual you will support.
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate person who can clearly see the potential of each Individual, and who will assist these Individuals is experiencing a safe and meaningful life as a valued member of their community. As a caring and integral member of this team, you will adhere to all the agency’s Policies and Procedures, work directly with Supervisors, Programming Specialist and other team members, help to promote pro-social community inclusion and will report directly to the Operations Team Lead.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assisting Individuals in completing their daily activities
- Housekeeping tasks
- Participating in activities which include physical activities at fitness facilities and play centers
- Attending appointments
- Helping Individuals with personal care routines such as basic hygiene routines, including dressing, bathing and grooming
- Medication administration
- Completing documentation that is consistent with Care Human Services' policies and procedures.
- Care Human Services supports Individuals 24/7, these positions are rotation based, and shifts occur all day and throughout the night
Our work sites are home to therapeutic animals, including cats and dogs.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Class 5 Alberta Drivers License
- Must be 18 years old to apply
- First COVID-19 vaccination
WHO YOU ARE
- High level of communication and observation skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Be caring and compassionate, with a passion to make a difference in the community
- We are looking for someone who can work with a variety of different shifts/schedules
- Critical thinker and able to use common sense when presented with a high stress situation.
- Post-secondary education is any area of Human Services would be an asset and previous experience working in a similar role is highly advantageous, but not essential.
- Full-Time Days - 4 days on, 2 days off 8 hour shifts
- Part-Time Nights Awake Nights - 2 days on, 4 days off 8 hour shifts
BENEFITS YOU WILL GET
- In addition to an hourly rate of $21/hour base pay you will receive:
- Behavioural or other applicable premiums that are subject to regular review
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits
- Health spending account
- Group Pension, Group Life Insurance
- Opportunities for professional development, include workshops and specialty training
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: Up to $26.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Daily screening, masks and eye protection
- Do you have any front line experience working with persons with disabilities who have high behavioural challenges?
- Are you able to obtain a clear RCMP Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector Check?
- How would you support Individuals living with a disability to achieve their goals?
- Were you referred by a Care Employee (if yes please include their name)?
- Class 5 Alberta Drivers License (preferred)