A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator II working in our Winnipeg office. Reporting to the Supervisor, Planning, the successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction by coordinating service drop installations and repairs for our region.
A typical day
- Coordinate the resources needed to complete outside plant construction
- Ensure adherence to Shaw standards, Support Structure Agreements, local, federal and provincial statues, legislation and regulations regarding safety standards
- Coordinate the day to day operations for civil contractors & internal Shaw staff
- Work with contractors, developers and utilities agents to ensure that processes are followed and the quality of work and timelines meet our standards
- Make recommendations for budget planning and rate structures
- Assist in establishing, monitoring and recommending changes to departmental guidelines to improve efficiency and controls
- Various other duties as required
- Experience in civil construction would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Knowledge of federal, provincial, and municipal regulations as it pertains to construction practices, contracts, and safety to ensure the protection of our staff and partners
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office is required
- Experience working with CAD software would be considered an asset
- Experience in coaxial and fibre optics design or construction would be considered an asset
- Goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well within a team environment as well as alone
- Adaptive, quick learner, exceptional organization and reporting skills with the ability to have attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Flexibility to take on other duties or tasks as needed
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.