Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada's health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada's health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
Generous vacation days
Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job
HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Pension)
Retirement Planning Program
Career Planning Program
Learning and Professional Development Program
Why is this role important?
Under the direction and guidance of the Team Lead, User Experience (UX), the Junior UX Designer is responsible for supporting the UX team in the discovery, design, user experience testing, documentation and operational work.. The Junior UX Designer will ensure the timely delivery of services that satisfy business and user needs within the context of the Digital Strategy and digital experience policies, standards, and processes.
What you'll do
- With guidance from the Team Lead, s/he will transform high-level project requirements or user stories into tangible sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes using modern prototyping and design tools.
- Based on direction from the Team Lead or Senior UX designer, apply user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Supports Senior UX analyst in planning and conducting user experience testing.
- Works collaboratively as part of a UX team to participate in requirements gathering sessions and feasibility analysis, persona development, user journey mapping sessions, and applying UX/design standards and guidelines. Supports the creation and maintenance of digital design standards documentation, including design system, UX standards, web style guidelines and pattern libraries
- Based on direction from the Team Lead or Senior UX Designer, designs responsive and user friendly webpage layouts using wireframing tools.
- Supports the execution of design ideation and discovery sessions to transform and reimagine user journeys from a UX perspective.
- Interacts with other internal resources, such as other members of the Digital Experience team, Web communications, Creative and Language Services, other ITS branches and CIHI business areas to ensure successful design development.
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge of UX methodologies, UX design trends and design best practices, while staying up-to-date on new and emerging design technologies, trends and solutions
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the table
- Undergraduate Degree in in Computer Science (Human Computer Interaction), Software Engineering, Media Arts, Interdisciplinary Arts, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- One year of related experience in interaction/ UX design for interactive consumer products and services
- Knowledge of UX principles, standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of UX research and testing methods including but not limited to user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, web surveys, and A/B testing.
- Experience conducting UX testing, analyzing user data, transforming data into useful insights and design guidelines.
- Knowledge of wireframing and design tools including Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, and UXPIN.
- Knowledge of user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, desirability testing, and usability testing.
- Knowledge of front end web design and development languages such as HTML and CSS.
- Experience in documenting standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of or experience working with proprietary or open source CMS’s (Drupal).
- Familiarity with accessibility (WCAG 2. Standards) would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies would be an asset.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate creative thinking, eagerness for learning, and innovative and collaborative qualities.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our 'Careers' section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Digital Visual Design
User Experience Design
Web Content Development