The Home Hardware Brand is the largest independent hardware and building supply retailer in Canada. It is made up of more than 1,100 dealer owned locations and carries more than 100,000 products. It is also home to a large supportive workforce that is dedicated to helping our customers with quality products and exceptional service.
Mara Lumber Home Building Center is a busy and vibrant work environment that is looking for a self-starting, high energy individual to fill our sales associate position immediately.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Greet and verbally communicate with customers, management, and staff both in person and by telephone.
- Operate all point of sale equipment.
- Verify signatures on the back of credit cards and expiry dates.
- Follow proper procedures according to store policy regarding returns and refunds.
- Ensure customers have had a positive shopping experience; take steps to rectify if they haven’t.
- Perform merchandising and stock shelves as required.
- Answer phone in prompt fashion and take messages, according to store policy.
- Call when special orders come in.
- Assist those customers who need advice, information, or directions.
- Page over public address system when necessary.
- Maintain price information (flyers, in-store promotions etc.) for references when customer price inquires arise.
- Be familiar with items in stock, yard inventory, including product use and operation.
- Watch for shoptheft and take action, according to store policy.
- Maintain check-out area and merchandise displays.
- Keep store tidy, cleaning the store and check-out area at the end of the shift.
- Tabulate sales at the end of the day and/or end of your shift and remove cash from register in accordance with store policy.
- Attend store meetings, training sessions, etc., as required.
- Assist in training new cashiers.
- Work on special projects as assigned by head cashier or supervisor.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
Competitive wages and benefits offered. This is a year round, permanent, full time position.
Thank you to all those who apply, however, only those who receive an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour