We are looking for an outstanding, dynamic candidate to fill one of the most important roles for our newest venture, The Pearle Hotel & Spa, a Marriott Autograph Collection hotel with 150 guest rooms on Burlington's waterfront!
As a key member of the Hotel leadership team, the Director of Sales & Marketing has influence and accountability for the launch, revenue generation and marketing efforts of the property. Reporting to the General Manager, the DOSM will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the property to achieve its business goals by driving revenue, maximizing profitability and providing an exemplary level of service. DOSM will provide effective management to assigned employees to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive employee relations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that will successfully launch this new hotel into the marketplace in conjunction with Marriott Sales team, clearly defining hotel sales objectives in support of financial goals. Accountable for actively soliciting/pursuing business revenue goals and leads the sales team to do the same.
· Proactively position and market the hotel by effective revenue/yield management to achieve maximum occupancy, RevPar and market share.
· Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet and exceed guest expectations.
· Responsible for utilizing sales tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Ensure integrity of Hotel sales data and other market intelligence to drive business. Develop rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
· Reviews the Strategic Alignment review (STAR) report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
· Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Care service standards and hotel’s Brand standards.
· Accountable for guest satisfaction by developing and maintaining long-term, value-based client relationships. Ensures effective communication with clients throughout the sales process (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondence).
· Implements a seamless turnover from sales department to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service.
· Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or appropriate stakeholders.
· Interfaces with regional marketing communications for regional and national promotions pull through.
· Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
· Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
· Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
· Responsible for ongoing training of all direct reports. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results.
· Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, discipline and development of sales employees. Evaluate performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold sales employees accountable. Motivate staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing employees.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
· 3-5 Years minimum experience as a hotel Sales Manager or Director of Sales
· Preferred experience with major brands
· Knowledge of developing and executing sales and marketing objectives and strategies required; preferred experience with online marketing, advertising, and finance/budget planning and management.
· Strong financial planning, revenue management and organizational skills.
· Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans.
· Candidate must possess the skills and experience to lead a team through the challenges and demands of a successful hotel opening, consistently delivering exceptional guest service and assisting wherever needed.
· Proven ability to assess/evaluate, supervise, motivate, recruit, train and retain the sales team
Annual Salary will depend on relevant skills and experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$125,000.00 per year