The Systems Administrator is responsible for planning, developing, installation, configuration and maintenance of corporate hardware, software and any related infrastructure. This includes the creation of all plans for ensuring functionality, data consistency, security and usability of systems aligned with the organization’s priorities and enabling ARO’s employees to do their work effectively. The System Administrator is responsible for diagnosing and resolving performance issues to ensure optimal performance and reliability. The incumbent is also accountable for planning updates and maintenance of hardware and software resources to mitigate limitations and combat obsolescence. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, storage, security, etc.
- Administer system and services with technologies such as, Linux, Windows, Cisco, Vmware and others.
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedures.
- Monitor and trouble shoot infrastructure and services.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties.
- Respond to internal users requests via helpdesk tickets.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- DEC in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least  years of direct work experience in Systems Administrations.
- Knowledge of network concepts (VLAN), telecommunications and security
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Experience with Vmware, SRM, Microsoft SQL server, Cisco switches, storage servers (SAN), Linux, and Exchange 2013.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation in English and French.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both official languages.
- Position open in Montreal; Quebec.
- ARO is a wholly own Canadian Subsidiary of Ogilvie Group home-based in Montreal, Quebec and privately held.
- ARO is the national leader in Accounts Receivable Management and offers competitive base salary based on qualificationss and a full Benefits Program to employees at all levels.
- ARO is a performance driven Company with great opportunities for career advancement and personal growth.
- Easily accessible by Public Transit in all locations.
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)