Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
To join a goal oriented and customer focused driven team that contributes to the overall success of the Insurance Canada Service Center (ICSC) / ScotiaLife Financial in Canada.
The primary role of the Customer Service Representative is to deliver a high standard of customer service while ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. As well as ensuring all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide a professional and courteous customer experience and take accountability for resolving customer concerns in a timely manner through:
Acquiring and maintaining knowledge and understanding of ScotiaLife Financial Creditor Insurance products and Scotiabank lending products.
Addressing issues promptly and accurately.
Identifying those issues that require escalation and follow the appropriate escalation process and/or assign to the appropriate contact as per policy.
Providing customers with account information by accessing the Bank's online records and systems.
Acting as a liaison coordinating with various areas as required to fully satisfy customer issues in a timely fashion; (i.e. Insurance Canada Customer Experience Team, Insurance Canada Processing Centre, etc.)
- Build and strengthen customer relationships by maximizing opportunities to promote Insurance Canada services and products, with a primary focus on the suite of Creditor Insurance products. Contribute to the achievement of established objectives through:
Satisfying customer needs by thoroughly understanding the ScotiaLife Financial Creditor Insurance products.
Assuming responsibility for ScotiaLife Financials’ objectives by resolving concerns, presenting knowledgeable solutions, and following up where applicable with our customers.
Recognizing needs of customers to address these needs by offering additional available insurance products, where appropriate.
- Recognizing and appropriately acting on opportunities for ScotiaLife Financials’ objectives to further build the customer relationship with the Scotiabank through effective use of the Customer Experience Model.
- Achieve and maintain required service level standards (i.e. adherence, calls per hour, cases per hour) by:
Contributing to optimal efficiency of the ICSC by ensuring productivity goals are attained,
Minimizing risk and losses by knowing and adhering to Scotiabank's/ScotiaLife Financials’ policies, procedures and key controls.
Adhering to Scotiabank’s Code of Conduct policy and to comply with applicable laws and Regulations where ever Scotiabank does business including Sales Practices
Processing customer requests (inquiries, transactions, case work) in a timely and efficient manner.
Strictly adhering to schedules, thereby ensuring prompt customer service and response time.
Preparing and processing customers' requests based on customers’ needs.
Accurately lobbing completed customer calls.
Accurately and effectively documenting and controlling all required follow-up or escalation.
Maintaining the necessary pending files (case work) for the areas of responsibility including the regular review and count of items outstanding and trackers as needed.
- Participate actively in team activities/initiatives and taking responsibility for self-learning and development by:
Learning and embracing new procedures, technologies, and processes.
Participating in and supporting change initiatives for the ICSC team.
Contributing to effective team morale and employee relations through positive interaction with team members and participating in the Applause program.
Taking ownership of his/her Personal Development Plan, working with the manager in the identification of skills, behaviors, and competencies required to achieve goals.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Maintain strict adherence to Bank Guidelines for Business Conduct and security procedures with respect to assigned authorities and responsibilities; reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to the ICSC Manager promptly
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
To be successful in this position, the incumbent requires the following skills:
Expert knowledge of Insurance industry products, services, and both the Federal and Provincial regulatory environment - requires Insurance Industry Accreditation (LOMA - ALMI, and ACS designations)
Expert knowledge of Creditor Insurance Products and processes
Expert customer service orientation- Expert verbal communication skills
Thorough written communication skills
Thorough telephone skills
Working knowledge of PC user programs (preferably- PEGA, AS400 and TLS)
Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.