- Working in the home of a mature female who has a physical disability.
- Provide assistance to keep her comfortable, safe and help her maintain her health.
- Must be reliable, flexible, agreeable and kind.
- Worker with ambition who is able to work efficiently.
- Willing to follow instructions of the employer and learn to use an overhead track lift.
- Certification is not necessary but an applicant with some health-care experience is preferred.
- Should follow health-care practices; be willing to work with patience, care and compassion for someone with mobility limitations.
- Must be able to speak proficiently in English.
- Has work related references and is trustworthy.
- Dependable transportation is necessary.
- Only residents of Niagara Region will be considered.
- Responsibilities include assistance with daily activities, personal hygiene care, dressing/undressing, meal assistance plus general personal or household help that is needed.
- Repetitive kneeling and bending involved.
- Some evening shifts from 6:00/6:30pm to 11:00/12:00pm are available immediately.
- Plus casual shifts.
- Weekends and holidays may also be required.
Starting rate $16.50 per hour.
4% vacation pay added to pay cheque every 2 weeks.
This is not an agency; workers are employed directly by the disabled woman through self–managed attendant care.
Job Type: Permanent