Working closely with, and reporting to, the Director, Delivery and Services, the Delivery & Service Specialist is responsible to support Delivery Operations with safe and efficient scheduling of drivers within a specific geographic region. Additionally, will foster a team environment and ensure the team achieves key performance objectives and customer service levels. The Delivery Specialist will support the Delivery and Service team, assist with trouble shooting problem areas, coach team members to resolve problems, and ensure operational efficiencies are properly implemented and maintained. This role will be a key member of the team that focuses on continuous improvement to deliver quality service to the customer.
- Cross-functional collaboration with the Delivery, Service, Market and Regional Managers, the Drivers and the Sales Team. Trouble shoot, analyse, develop and incorporate improvements in delivery and service logistics to optimize the customers’ experience with Superior Propane. Identify, develop, and maintain best practices and enforce standardized process and procedures.
- Review, monitor, and evaluate the team performance of key performance indicators, including but not limited to: out of gas; customer failure; fill rate; asset and resource utilization; management of overtime expenses, and the achievement of customer service standards.
- Promote and coach on the use technology leveraging its full potential to schedule effective and efficient delivery and service routes ensuring the customer’s needs and safety standards are observed and achieved.
- Coach the team to achieve goals and objectives by encouraging the use of standardized procedures and practices. Promote desired work methods to ensure continuous improvement.
- Re-enforce safety in all aspects of delivery. Ensure appropriate training provides support to the fundamental aspect of dispatch.
- Act as an escalation point and work to remove obstacles encountered by Delivery & Service Coordinators. Develop and foster a collaborative approach among the team to proactively resolve issues and troubleshoot problems.
- Liaise with regional Market Managers and Field Operations Managers to obtain feedback on day-to-day operations, routing and overall staffing activities to ensure an environment of continuous improvement
- Trouble shoot and resolve problems affecting customer service and escalate operational challenges that have a considerable effect on customers or Superior Propane’s reputation.
- Champion the importance of working within the Superior Way Management Operating System, and support cross-functional Company initiatives focused on continuous improvement.
- Participate in the selection, coaching, training and retention of a diverse team
- Will be the Acting Manager for Delivery and or Service during vacation or leaves of absence.
- A minimum of three years distribution, logistics or customer service. Specialized technical training in these areas is an asset.
- A practical, hands-on individual with experience in both technical and business operations leadership, preferably involving delivery operations and logistics.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment, including coaching and or training other employees.
- The ability to function effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Well-developed decision-making and analytical skills, sound judgement and problem solving abilities..
- Able to work as part of a national team as well as independently, possessing a high degree of initiative, energy, common sense, and logical thinking.
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, Outlook, and routing and mapping software.
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 3 years (Preferred)