Aviva Canada is looking to grow in the direct channel to meet changing customer needs and expectations – including direct to the customer, Group and Affinity, and by implementing the Guidewire platform, i.e. Policy Center and Billing Center.
We are seeking sales-oriented and customer-focused team players who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Insurance Advisor is an underwriting professional licensed to sell personal general insurance directly to consumers nationally via the direct channel and to service all their insurance-related needs, including claims counseling.
In addition, the role is responsible to underwrite personal lines policies nationally and within authorized limits in accordance with established policies, practices, standards and applicable laws and regulations.
If you are not provincially licensed we are willing to provide all training necessary to be nationally licensed.
Please note this role can be either full time or part-time.
- Assist new direct channel clients with their general insurance (home and auto) insurance needs
- Underwrite new business (including quotes), endorsements and all renewals by obtaining all necessary information from the customer relevant to the risk to develop the exposures in order to refuse or amend and/or accept risk at the prescribed rates, referring to Direct Channel Team Leader or Insurance Advisor Specialist as needed
- Upsell insurance to existing clients by phone or via web-chat
- Influence customer loyalty through professionalism & courtesy while achieving department standards for key performance indicators on a team & individual basis
- Provide customers with claims counseling
- Assist direct channel customers with system issues or complaints and follow up as required
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by taking ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- College Diploma or University Degree
- CIP or FCIP designation preferred
- Good understanding and knowledge of insurance and underwriting
- Nationally OTL licensed or A provincial OTL insurance license or a willingness to study & meet the requirements for OTL licensing in jurisdictions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-centric, strong sales and service skills
- Strong digital capability, including social media savvy
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize work
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Sales and customer service experience
- Recent insurance contact centre experience desirable
- Experience working on projects, exposure to agile preferable
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent