Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
Tweed is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-starter who can take the Extraction Specialist role to a new level. If you have sound judgment, great time management skills mixed with the ability to work as part of an ever-growing team we want to hear from you!
- Research new technological developments within and outside of the cannabis industry with respect to processing, such as isolation, extraction and purification of lipophilic molecules from plant biomass.
- Assist in development of commercially scalable processes for cannabinoid, terpene and other bioactive molecule recovery and isolation.
- Continuously seek for new innovations and ideas for processes by researching and benchmarking industry solutions, disruptive technologies and competitors, and provide them to management.
- Write research plans, technical reports, and project summaries with a high degree of detail and scientific acumen.
- Author batch records highlighting key process parameters and identifying critical sampling points that impact product quality.
- Evaluate and optimize process performance and product quality quantitatively against defined metrics and manufacturing cost targets.
- Work as part of an interdepartmental team to adapt existing technologies or develop new ones.
Experience and Background
- Process development experience in the either the petrochemical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, and nutraceutical industry. 7+ years of experience is preferred.
- Master’s, or Doctorate degree in food science, chemistry, biochemistry, or comparable discipline.
- Direct and demonstrable experience as a researcher within a process development group for marketable products in either the petrochemical, nutraceuticals, pharmaceutical, and agricultural industry.
- Expertise in process development with an emphasis on isolation, functionalization, purification, crystallization and production of food products.
- Demonstrated track record of taking product concepts to finished products ready for commercial manufacturing and marketing.
- Knowledge of GMP, ACMPR regulations and Food manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Experience with solvent extraction, drying, distillation, crystallization and milling is a plus.
- Ability to work in an independent, organized, and efficient manner in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.