To ensure that Trophy Foods Inc. Quality and Food Safety programs (BRC Global Food Safety Standard) are maintained through monitoring, verification, and auditing procedures when necessary. Monitoring and verification procedures include the following: procurement of product samples, tests and inspects products at various stages of manufacturing, and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality, food safety, and reliability of products.
Essential Duties, Skills and Responsibilities
· To procure and analyze incoming raw materials and ingredients to ensure that they meet vendor specifications, Trophy specifications, and Industry standard specifications where applicable
· Hold/ release all raw materials into production with proper identification
· Ensure proper code dating, identification, gas flushing, proper sealing, and weight allowance in products packaged.
· To monitor processing and packaging areas to ensure that products produced meet customer and Trophy Foods Inc. standards
· To maintain proper and accurate records of all test results
· To alert the Processing and Packaging Supervisor(s) of deviations to product/ package quality during processing and packaging for corrective action
· To enforce GMPs when necessary in the plant
· To monitor packaging material to ensure compliance to packaging specifications
· To audit products in the warehouse and cooler for product rotation when required
· To retain samples on file of finished processed products
· To perform GMP/ Food Safety inspections daily when on the plant floor
· To report any infractions to GMP and Food Safety Standards when observed for corrective action
· To perform sanitation inspections on processing and packaging lines when required
· To keep a safe and clean work area at all times
· To complete all written reports and documents accurately as required, and file appropriately
· To perform internal audits of FSQMS according to schedule
· To retrain staff on policies and procedures as necessary
· To conduct orientation training of new employees
· To investigate customer and/ or consumer complaints using retained samples as necessary
· Other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Customer Service – Responds internal customer requests for service and assistance,
· Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views;Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of the team above own interests.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Works in support of Trophy’s vision, mission and core values,
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
· Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality objectives are met.
· Quantity – Meets and/ or exceeds productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
· Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; aware of surroundings
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Able to work alternative shifts as business requires.
· Attendance/ Punctuation – Is consistently at work and at their workstation on time.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to direction, takes responsibilities for own actions, reports errors and concerns, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work for needs of the business, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed. Suggest new and better methods in the spirit of continuous improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory while striving for excellence. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required.
· Education and/ or Experience – University Degree, College, or Technical School Certificate with a background in science and one year of related experience and/ or training in food manufacturing; University, College, or Technical School Certificate/ Degree for GMP and HACCP Training is an asset. Basic knowledge of BRC regulations is considered an asset.
· Language Skills – Basic English skills are required to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, memos, and verbal communication, operating and maintenance etc. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and effectively present information one-on-one or in small groups.
· Mathematical Skills – Understands and has knowledge of some statistical techniques; Calculates figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Applies concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Reasoning Ability – Ability to perform analytical tests accurately; Ability to read and interpret written information such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills – Basic skill in MS Office is an asset.
· Physical Demands – Standing/ walking the entire shift. Bending, reaching and climbing stairs at times. Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 25 lbs, occasionally lifting over 40 lbs to heights at waste level and moving/ pushing/ pulling up to 50lbs with assistance or equipment such as a pallet jack.
· Work Environment - Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts. Continuous and constant noise that is above 80dBA (loud). Hearing protection is mandatory and will be provided; annual hearing tests are completed. Above normal temperatures during summer months. Some exposure to airborne particles within allowable limits.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year