Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here we experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has a sister propertt; the Bow View Lodge.
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Pastry Cook, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays with opportunities for overtime hours. The salary for this position is based on experience, 32-40 hours per week.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
· Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
· Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense.
· Assumes responsibility for the basic operations of his/her station for short periods when required in the absence of the Pastry Chef
· Make prep list and maintain par stocks and freezer prep levels
· Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
· Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines
· Report for shift on time; with a professional appearance and positive attitude
· Reliable and can commit to at least 6 months
· Experience in a hotel restaurant is an asset
· Prepares high quality food and follows superior sanitation standards
· Is physically capable of lifting and carrying heavy items and standing for long periods of time
· Is a team player, able to work in close conditions with several other people
· Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in; daily rent starting from $6.50 - $17.00 per day
· Three salary increases during first year of employment; term bonus and summer bonus available
· Friends and family rates available at all three properties, F&B discounts available at The Crave Mountain Grill Restaurant and Terrace Dining Room & Lounge
· Health benefits available after 8 months of employment including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
· Staff Cafe on site offering meals for $2.37; certain items available free of charge 24/7
· Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
· Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
· Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
· Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
· Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
· Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume to the email address provided in-person at 222 Lynx Street or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!
Job Type: Full-time