We are looking for compassionate Personal Support Workers to complement our talented Home Health team. This is your opportunity to assist our clients, who are unable to care for themselves, in maintaining their dignity. Our ideal candidate provides compassionate care and support for activities of daily living and will treat our clients the way they would want their own loved ones to be treated. This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a team within a “family” culture. You will enjoy flexible hours, diverse assignments, and benefit from continuous opportunities for learning, training and professional development.
About the Personal Support Worker:
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living related to the client’s overall mental and physical wellbeing
- Documents care and client/family preferences
- Observes, documents and reports hazards and concerns
- Participates in case conferences as required
- Reports changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performs tasks outside the normal scope of practice, when appropriately delegated by a registered health professional
- Performs mobility and transfers using proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to perform safe lifts and transfers
- Provides assistance with personal care
- Prepares meal planning and preparation as determined by the care plan
- Performs a variety of light household tasks
About CBI Health Group:
- You hold a Personal Support Worker Certificate or have completed your first year of a Post-Graduate Nursing Program
- You hold a Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- You have a clear Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months
- You have evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up to date Immunization Record
- You are available to work days, evenings and a minimum of every other weekend
For over 40 years, CBI has been working every day to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians.
As Canada’s largest provider of community healthcare services, CBI is made up of over 12,000 personal caregivers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, behavioural therapists, administrators, and professionals.
CBI is set apart by the unique ability to work as an integrated network to foster ongoing learning, enhance best practices, improve access to care for all Canadians and achieve the best outcomes possible for our clients. With a talented, interdisciplinary team of caregivers and professionals, CBI provides the right services, in the right place, at the right time.
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbi.ca. Check out CBI on Facebook at facebook.com/cbihealthgroup and on Twitter at twitter.com/cbihealthgroup.
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume. If you are facing difficulty to apply online please send your resume and cover letter directly to WHiring1@cbi.ca or drop off in person at 160 Traders Blvd E, Mississauga, ON L4Z 3K7.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.