Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry leading cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon reduces the time required to obtain and use new compute and storage capacity to minutes, allowing customers to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as their application requirements change. AWS changes the economics of computing by allowing customers to pay only for capacity they actually use. A rich portfolio of application, database, development, management, security, and analytics services help developers and operators achieve increased speed and agility and deploy their applications globally in minutes.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for delivering best-in-class customer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) for AWS Automation and Messaging (A&M) solutions across all supported platforms, in a collaborative, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering and project stakeholders from A&M and other product teams across AWS to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are an experienced designer with exceptional problem-solving skills, clear communication, good design instincts, and can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Analyze user interface problems and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings
- Work closely with various business teams to develop use cases and high-level requirements
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, and wireframes as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Present design work to the user experience design team, product team, and project stakeholders for review and feedback
- Provide designs that address web and mobile experiences.
- Partner with development teams across AWS to build experiences: create assets and review finished interfaces.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across various AWS product teams.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience with best practices for device-based information architecture and design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques
- Prototyping and usability testing experience
- Familiarity or interest in developing cloud-based applications with a DevOps focus
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
- Experience developing cloud-based applications with a DevOps focus