Careers at Renascent:
November 25th, 2019
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for nearly 50 years. As a charitable health care organization, Renascent is committed to the values of compassion, respect, and empathy, as well as evidenced-based approaches and continuous improvement. Renascent addiction treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12 step facilitation with current best practice clinical approaches. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are also offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the position:
The Relief Cooks work closely with the Head Cook and are an integral part of the Graham Munro Centre, responsible for preparing nutritious and attractive meals that support the health, well-being and recovery of our clients.
- Work independently to prepare nutritious and appealing meals for approximately 25-30 clients and up to 10 staff members/volunteers, on a daily basis.
- Responsible for breakfast, lunch and dinner meals and the preparation of nutritious snacks as required.
- Maintain a sanitary and orderly kitchen and report shortages, missing utensils and equipment in need of repair to the House Manager on a timely basis.
- Ensure the security of consumables. The pantry is considered off limits to all guests. Therefore, cooks are responsible for the dispensing of items such as milk, ensuring that all other items required for set-up of tables before meals are available to the guests
- Rotating shifts which include Saturdays and Sundays; 4 - 10.5 hours shifts one week; 3 – 10.5 hours shifts the following week for a total of 73.5 hours every two weeks
- It is expected that our cooks will cooperate with special events/functions
- Demonstrated experience with cooking in a residential setting
- Good knowledge of food preparation and storage
- Good knowledge of cleaning/chemical storage
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to properly manage the kitchen under the direction of the House Manager
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively with all staff members
- A high level of sensitivity and confidentiality with regard to our clients
- Required skills in food preparation
- A minimum of one to three years of experience in the food services industry
- A certificate in Food Preparation from a community college is an asset
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before October 15th, 2019. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Casual
- cooking in a residential setting: 1 year (Required)
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Required)