WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
- You are enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team
- You can prioritize, are disciplined, show initiative and have a flexible attitude
- You’ve worked with material handling equipment before (or are very open to learning!)
- You are computer savvy and generally comfortable with technology (and can easily learn new software and systems)
- You have about 6 months’ work experience in a high-volume environment (warehouse experience is a strong asset but not necessary)
- You are totally cool working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, work environment
- You’re known as being the “handy-man” type; someone who likes to fix and build things!
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
- Help to organize and co-ordinate all building related maintenance activities including cleaning and ensuring all aspects are up to legal code
- Help to ensure that technical equipment is in good working order and being used properly
- Co-ordinate with your direct Leader about any safety and/or security concerns, as
- Ensure that the security and fire detection systems and CCTV’s are in working order and maintained
- Assist as required by team or direct Leader
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
The Site Facility Management Co-Worker contributes to the completion of the store replenishment process before opening, in the most efficient, commercial and safe way and secure the goods flow operations are optimized. They do this through using knowledge of IKEA, as well as the IKEA tools and the experience and expertise of their colleagues. This results in agreed goods availability for customers at the lowest possible costs.
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as:
Site Facility Management Co-worker
This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.