Do you have a passion for education and thrive on creating a culture of academic excellence? Are you looking for a dynamic career in helping people achieve their educational and career goals?Bredin College of Business and Health Care provides diploma programs for today’s learners that prepare them to successfully meet the needs of employers.
We are currently looking to recruit a pool of instructors in various disciplines and areas of study to teach the following programs at our Edmonton campus:
- Medical Office Assistant with Unit Clerk
- Legal Assistant
- Computerized Accounting
- Office Assistant
Our programs run in a variety of time frames. Please indicate in your application which time frame you would like to work within.
- Morning programs run from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Afternoon programs run from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Evening programs run four evenings a week from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being familiar with Bredin College curriculum in preparation for content delivery in accordance with program outline and course outlines.
- Communicating learning outcomes at the beginning of each course and utilize a variety of classroom activities directed to the fulfillment of these outcomes (audio, visual, group activities etc.)
- Creating a learning environment with sound classroom management strategiesthat encourages student involvement and participation in active learning.
- Responding to student needs by adapting teaching techniques and tools to suit individual learning styles.
- Providing coaching, instruction and support as required to ensure students gain the necessary skills to work in their field of study.
- Providing students with the breakdown of each graded component within the course.
- Evaluating or grading assessments and providing appropriate feedback to students in a timely manner within each course.
- Maintaining the security of student exams, tests and quizzes both before and after exams are given.
- Cross-training in other program courses, if appropriate, to support faculty needs.
- Participating in, and contributing to, curriculum development by planning, developing and evaluating new and existing courses and curriculum with the Academic Manager as required.
- Developing evaluation materials and grading tests, assignments and other assessment tools as needed.
- Researching and keeping up to date on current practices or innovations within your discipline.
- Knowing and upholding all administrative and academic policies of the College.
- Documenting student attendance, participation and academic progress in CRM, CampusLogin, in a consistent and timely manner.
- Responding to all student and staff emails within 24-48 hours.
- Filing all exams, test or quizzes in students’ academic files.
What qualifications and skillset should our Instructors have?
- Post-secondary education (Bachelor Degree and diploma) in various required and/or related areas.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an instructor and/or facilitator.
- Comprehensive knowledge of teaching methods and strategies.
- Ability to recognize individual learning styles and characteristics of learners and teach accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
Bredin College of Business and Health Care seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women and Indigenous peoples). Bredin College of Business and Health Care will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Bredin College of Business and Health Care strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Bredin College of Business and Health Care will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Job Type: Contract
- teaching: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)