The Coordinator, MH, is responsible for the co-ordination of the daily operations of the mental health program. This will involve overall responsibility for the provision of administrative support to the department, as well as data collection and analys is. In addition, the incumbent will co-ordinate the daily operations of the department to ensure adequate staffing, completion of payroll, monitoring attendance and ensuring that all department policies and processes are being followed. The incumbent wil l also participate in the on-going review, modification and design of policies, procedures, and quality improvement initiatives as well as the analysis of statistical data to identify process improvement. They will provide administrative assistance to ma nagement on operational and project work, which may include co-ordination of recruitment activities, print materials, meetings, and conferences. The incumbent is also responsible for the co-ordination of special projects & programs which may involve coll ecting and processing RFPs, drafting communication, preparing training schedules, and updating and maintaining the departmental Intranet and Internet.
- Post-Secondary certificate in Office Administration or equivalent required
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 5 years of recent relevant experience in an administrative role with evidence of progression in the areas of data collection, project management and leadership
- Experience in Healthcare environment preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; motiv ated self-starter
- Strong, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Customer service orientation, must be friendly and demonstrate profess ionalism at all times
- Demonstrated accountability; confidence in decision making and critical thinking skills
- Supervision of others
- Embody TEGH Core Values
- Demonstrated computer literacy, proficient in Microsoft Office is required, particular ly Word and Excel.
- Typing speed of 50 WPM required
- Demonstrated ability to multi task with effective time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in quality initiatives including collection and analysis of statistics
- Knowledge o f adult learning principles and program delivery is an asset
- Good work & attendance record is required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH) ] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and sta ff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.