Pride Group Logistics is a dynamic and rapidly growing transportation and logistics company. We are an asset-based company with a growing 3PL/Brokerage division.
Pride Group Logistics has the unique advantage within the transportation industry of maintaining brand new equipment which is cycled routinely through our sales and rental division. These are both Tractor and Trailer assets. This helps in maintaining happy and engaged drivers and delivering excellent service to our customers.
PGL is seeking a Planning Coordinator : Dispatch to join a rapidly growing team that will help support the acceleration of our growth strategy. The successful candidate will own the day-to-day roadmap of said related tasks that are to optimize PGL’s operational aspect. This would also be inclusive of keeping PGL’s leadership and key stakeholders updated on your progress.
This is a full-time Afternoon position. The location is to be set in Mississauga Ontario.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining fair and equitable distribution of work
- Communicating dispatch information as required
- Monitoring driver performance/miles and reefer requirements
- Monitoring and responding to driver satellite messages
- Assisting with the development of the required driver skills i.e.: Customs, Hazmat, Hours of Service, Policy, Regulations, Satellites, etc.
- Assisting with solutions regarding any driver concerns
- Assisting with driver inquiries - payroll, miles, etc.
- Updating customer websites relative to the position/shift
- Communicating and problem solving with customers as required
- Enforce safety procedures such as monitoring driver reports to ensure equipment safety.
- Analyze transportation planning opportunities to reduce transportation cost
- Performs other duties as required.
The successful candidate will be a driven and motivated team player. It is essential for them to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess a strong and demonstrable aptitude for all aspects of Dispatching. It IS expected that the successful candidate will have existing knowledge in the Transportation/Supply Chain, including AZ licensing coupled with knowledge of Class 8 vehicles.
- 1-2 years in a Dispatch/Planning or Customer Service role required.
- Exceedingly knowledgeable of North American geography.
- Experience with CVOR, NSC, and Fitness scores.
- ACE and Customs/border crossing experience an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Ideal computer literacy with Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple scenarios simultaneously
- Proven analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Do you have knowledge of North American Geography?
- Are you willing to work in afternoon shift?
- dispatching: 1 year (required)