This shift is Tuesday to Friday – 9:30am-6pm & Saturday 7:30am - 4:30pm. Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Service Advisor will welcome customers and gather information required to identify their vehicle repair and maintenance work they require. The Service Advisor sells maintenance services and organizes the work schedule, while maintaining exceptional customer service and rapport. They are the first point of contact for the majority of our customers and visitors. You will be required to act as a liaison between the customer, Service, Parts and Sales Departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Service Advisor will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Open repair orders for new customers coming in to drop off their trucks for service
- Obtain as much information about the customer and vehicle data upon their arrival
- Inform the customer of all promotions and services provided by the dealership, including Parts and New Truck Sales
- Verify the customer’s method of payment before the required repairs begin
- Ensure accuracy of customer data in our computer system
- Obtain, verify and double check that you have the correct truck/vehicle serial/VIN number, mileage, company, contact names and phone numbers on all required documents.
- Inspect all vehicles when obtaining VIN; inform customer if work is needed (lights, blades, etc), and provide an estimate for additional repairs.
- Other duties as required
- 2-4 years’ administrative experience is required
- Dealership experience preferred
- CDK experience is preferred
- Service advisor experience is an asset
- Ability to effectively use computers and software including Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Excel, Outlook and Word
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment safely
Why work for New West Truck Centres? Here’s why:
- Our company is one of the busiest Heavy Truck Dealerships in Alberta and our growth potential is out of this world. We believe in growing our staff and developing them into specialty coordinators, supervisors, and managers.
- Do you want to work for a positive team all with the same thing in mind – taking care of their customer?
- Do you want to work for a company that encourages entrepreneurial spirit?
- Do you want to make a difference at one of the most progressive and forward-thinking companies in Alberta?
- If all this wasn’t enough, we also include a benefit package consisting of:
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid training
- Longevity Recognition
- RRSP Matching
This position is conditional upon successful completion of a background check and the accuracy of the information presented on your resume and during any and all conversations and interviews with company representatives.
We want to thank everyone for applying, however only applicants that possess the required knowledge will be considered for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- service advisor: 1 year (Preferred)