Frontier is growing and are looking for aspiring carpenters to join our team as an Jr. Carpenter (Apprentice). We furnish you with the necessary technical skills to launch a rewarding career including financially supporting your Carpentry Apprenticeship Program while working with us!! While you do not need prior experience, you must have some training with power and hand tools. You will work under the supervision of a Red Seal Carpenter, assisting them in their duties while you train and gain a better understanding of your trade.
Who you are:
You are an aspiring Carpenter looking for a new and exciting opportunity to showcase your skills. You pride yourself in your quality workmanship and love to learn and grow. Others would describe you as easy going and you exude a positive outlook that others admire and follow. You THRIVE in teams and are extremely motivated to do or achieve something because of your own enthusiasm, without needing pressure from others. If this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
Perks for you:
- Company paid Carpentry Apprenticeship
- Competitive salaried compensation (year-round employment)
- Fantastic Health Care Spending Account offered
- All tools are provided, with the exception of hand tools
- Opportunity to be part of a cohesive team as they build a legacy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Lead carpenter with construction and remodelling projects
- Help build wooden structures
- Learn and practice essential carpentry skills on the job
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Set up and maintain tools for your supervising carpenter
Requirements and Qualifications
- Open to candidates currently in apprenticeship program and 1 year of experience in related field or pre-apprenticeship program and 2 years experience in related field.
- Strong math skills
- Familiarity with common power and hand tools
- Personal Hand tools required
- Experience in construction
- Physical strength and stamina
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Problem solver
- Strong communicator
Frontier was built on a foundation of trust since 2007. From our humble beginnings with just one crew member working out of the trunk of a Honda Civic, to our current 10 employees and seven vehicles, we have prided ourselves on being open, honest, and helpful.
Frontier is the very definition of a family company with Moms, Dads, Uncles, Sons and more, all working towards a common goal of excellent service, and building a legacy. Our staff are highly qualified friends of the family and treated with respect and integrity. We feel that shows right on through to your backyard. We are always striving to learn about the newest styles, techniques, and comforts, and offer this education to help you create a space that is truly wonderful.
Every custom project we create is backed by passion, family history and expertise.
To learn more about Frontier, please visit our social media channels at https://frontierdecking.com/
We thank all those who express interest in this position and apply, however due to the potential volume of applicants, only those whose skills match the position requirements will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Carpentry: 1 year (preferred)