Little Medical School - Calgary is expanding to Edmonton, AB!
Join our Little Medical School Team!
Be a Little Medical School Instructor!
- Are you passionate about health and science?
- Do you love working with children and presenting concepts in a fun and creative way?
- Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life by inspiring him/her to pursue careers in the healthcare field?
- Do you want to be part of Western Canada’s only child enrichment company focused on the field of health?
- Do you have a reliable transportation?
Get paid to lead interactive health and medicine related classes for preschool to elementary students.
We are looking for motivated long-term instructors to lead a series of one hour classes, day camps, birthday parties, evening classes featuring interactive demonstrations, crafts and games, which will teach kids how the body and organs work, know the instruments that real doctors use, apply first aid procedures, tie knots like real surgeons and much more!
- Medical background is not necessary
- Preference for science (biology, chemistry), nursing, veterinary, pharmacy, dental and medical students, students in education courses, international medical school graduates (IMG), and international educated nurses (IEN)
- Previous experience working with children and teaching is preferred
- Previous work experience as a recreation assistant and summer camp leader an asset
- Will be required to have a current and clear Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check and Standard First Aid certificate
- Must have a reliable transportation and a Class 5 driver’s license
- Must always be prompt and on-time at scheduled classes
- Can work independently leading a class of about 12 students
- Possess an energetic and outgoing attitude
- Must be eloquent, have excellent presentation and speaking skills
- Available in the mornings, late afternoons, evenings and weekends, holiday and summer breaks
A Little Medical School Instructor is responsible for the supervision and management of the classroom while supporting Little Medical School® goals and outcomes. The instructor carries out the daily activities, provides feedback on the program and activities, and ensures the safety and physical well-being of the children.
- Undergo training following Little Medical School’s curriculum
- Teach the classes, facilitate the after-school activities and summer camps
- Engage and entertain children in birthday parties or special events
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for the kids
- Create a welcoming and youth friendly classroom space
- Provide a positive interaction with students with an emphasis on health and science
- Pick up and return supplies to the LMS coordinator, maintain and clean teaching materials
- Participate in marketing events and activities
- Must be able to supervise volunteers and provide support
- Must have reliable transportation
- Competitive hourly pay
- Hours worked will vary depending on the number of classes/parties/camps taught
- Incentives are available based on longevity and performance
- Little Medical School staff recognition
Do you feel that you would be a good fit for Little Medical School? If so, submit a cover letter with your resume and put Edmonton on the subject line. We will be in contact with you shortly!
Visit www.littlemedicalschool.com/calgary to know more.
Job Type: Casual
Job Type: Casual
- working with children and teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)