Job Type: Full Time
Shift: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8am – 4:30pm
The Grafoid Global Technology Centre (GGTC) hosts a global innovation hub, home to domestic and international cutting-edge technology development companies, entrepreneurial companies and civic institutions.
We are looking for a responsible Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to manage the main reception desk and perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the assistant include providing support to our tenants, managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and general administrative activities.
The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work and time to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Greeting of visitors; ensure related sign in/out badge procedures, as well as the associated security and site EH&S protocols are followed;
- Delivering front line customer service;
- Managing multiple email accounts through outlook and ensure appropriate delivery of site communications as well as managing conference room equipment and booking as needed;
- Handling of incoming telephone inquiries and re-direct inquiries to appropriate companies/departments as needed;
- Accepting incoming deliveries and small courier service parcels. Redirecting larger deliveries to Shipping and Receiving as needed;
- Overseeing front entrance with respect to tidiness, appropriate tenant information sharing and general appearance;
- Managing sensitive information in a confidential manner;
- Organizing, tracking and coordinating travel arrangements, as needed;
- Various problem-solving tasks including, but not limited to, invoice adjustments and disputes, tracking of lost documents, ensuring collection of signed documents;
- Supporting operations and accounting by requesting and tracking quotes for service, invoices, purchase orders and providing weekly reports as needed;
- Assisting as needed in relation to vacancy management, general building operations and tracking, conference room equipment maintenance;
- Performing general administrative duties including but not limited to, filing, copying, scanning, Mitel phone system operations;
- Daily advanced use of MS Office Suites - Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Completed Post-Secondary Education in related field;
- 3-5 years of proven experience as an administrative assistant/front line receptionist- a combination of virtual assistant and/or office admin assistant experience will be considered;
- Knowledge of general office management systems and procedures as well as physical office equipment;
- Proficiency in MS Office as well as cloud-based systems such as Asure, Mitel, and various accounting platforms;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- General accounting knowledge and principles;
- Must be punctual, reliable and have a verifiable and demonstrated commitment to daily attendance.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome all applicants in accordance with the Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. We invite applications from all qualified candidates, however we will only respond to the ones who have been selected.
Grafoid Global Technology Centre Inc. provides support in its recruitment to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodations during this recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources by replying to this advertisement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
- General Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)